tips using Feng Shui for Family and Health
Feng Shui, which literally means wind and water, is the ancient Chinese art of creating positive energy. Ashish Aggarwal completes his valuable article with some tips on improving Health and Family relationships using Feng Shui.
Feng Shui Tips On Family
- Children are indeed a blessing and add joy to one's household. In ancient times, a family was regarded as incomplete without children. Many methods were utilized so that couples could be successful in their bids for children. However, like many young things, children can get out of hand sometimes. Applying Feng Shui can help you enhance your relationship with your children, understanding their needs and so strengthening family ties.
- If you wish to enhance your relationship with your children, sleep with your head pointed at your Nien Yin direction. You can find this direction using your Kua number Sleeping in this position will help bring you closer to your children and strengthen family ties.
- The main door also plays a vital role in Feng Shui. If you have been trying for children or your offspring are getting out of hand, check if there is any offending man-made structure that is sending out harmful poison arrows towards your main door.
- According to the 8 Life Aspirations, children and descendants are governed by West. The element of West is Small Metal and the colors are Gold, Silver and White. Metal is produced by Earth and is destroyed by Fire. Avoid having any major Fire or Water element in this section of your home.
- If the West section is missing in your home, you can install a bright light or a mirror to partially remedy this problem. You can also activate the West section of your bedroom as well.
- Colours are also beneficial in attracting good chi. In the Southeast section of your home/office, display some items in white, silver or gold. Some silverware or trophies should do just fine.
- Do not let your child sleep with his or her head positioned on the same wall as a toilet. This harmful position will cause your child to be distracted from studies and ultimately have bad luck.
Feng Shui Tips On Health
All the money and diamonds in the world cannot buy good health. Happiness cannot be fully experienced without good health. In fact, good health and longevity top the wish list of millions of people. In addition to the medical prescription for health, there are ways in Feng Shui to keep fit and well. Here are a few steps to achieving good health.
- If you are looking to improving your health, sleep with your head pointed at your personal Tien-Yi (Heavenly Doctor) direction according to your Kua number.
- Do not sleep facing a mirror. The water element of the mirror will cause ill health. Avoid having any water feature in the bedroom such as aquariums, paintings of rivers and lakes, computers or televisions.
- Avoid sleeping in a room where a toilet or washing machine is located upstairs.
- Sleeping underneath an exposed overhead beam will cause headaches, depending on where the beam 'hits'.
- Avoid sleeping in a room located at the end of a long corridor, or where the door opens directly to a staircase. The strong flow of energy will bring illness to the occupants.
- Look out also for sharp edges and protruding corners that send out harmful poison arrows.
- Energize the East section of your home. East represents Health and Longevity - the colour of East is dark green and the element is wood. If the East section of your home is located in the living room, dining room or a room that is not used as a bedroom, place some live potted plants or furniture made of real wood to activate the corner.
Enhance your health by doing some Chinese exercises such as Chi-Kung and Tai-Chi.
Here ends the article.
Click here to return to the start of Feng Shui, by Ashish Aggarwal.