The Leo Solar Festival [part two]
Subtle Meanings of the Full Moon in Aquarius 2006
Malvin here concludes his analysis of the subtle meaning of the Full Moon in Aquarius for 2006, the Leo Solar Festival. In this second part, he examines the planetary aspects and the meaning of the degrees.
This full moon occurs at 8:55 PM AEST (10:55 AM GMT) on the 9th of August 2006. As is usual, the symbol for the degree of the Sun sets the tone for the period. It reads thus:
“A volunteer church choir singing religious hymns.” – 17 Leo
The Sun in any chart represents 'the present problem'-that which is immediately before us demanding attention and drawing our consciousness. In this symbol we see highlighted the need for us to stick together and to unite in common work. There should be a real sense of community that comes out of this full moon and a sense that we are all united in some higher purpose. There is a crying need at this time to let go of antagonisms and to realize a wider sense of belonging, for ourselves and others. The symbol for the degree of the Moon represents what is being reflected back to our psyches and the energies of the past that have brought us to this present point in time. It reads thus:
“A watch dog stands guard, protecting his master and his possessions.” – 17 Aquarius
There are forces at work in the world that seek to protect the status quo at all costs. That has lead to the present conflict in the Middle East. On the other side, there are protective Forces for the Light at work, too, that seek to mitigate the present conflict and to restore order and right relations between nations. Everyone is feeling a need for self-protection these days. Let's face it-times have been 'interesting', have they not? The self-protective urge must give way to a more daring and pro-active stance if we are to move beyond the present impasse in the world and in our own relations. This symbol also speaks of the need to invoke protective entities-guardian angels and the like, if you will, when things seem all a little too much. So, we see two opposing forces here-one isolationist (the Moon) and the other community oriented (the Sun). Those factors will play out through the planetary dynamics, and we have a rather interesting setup in that regard. We find the following aspects in evidence:
There is a Saturn/Neptune opposition across the full moon axis with Saturn conjunct the Sun and Neptune conjunct the Moon. In this aspect we see the playing out of karmic scenarios (Sun/Saturn) and the creative or over-use of the imagination or intuition (Moon/Neptune) either highlighting the karmic necessities or adding to the discomfort of them. This is a 'spirit vs. matter' aspect and it highlights the disparity between spiritual (Neptune) and material (Saturn) needs. There is a need here to "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's."
- Mars opposes Uranus, which exacerbates tensions in the world and causes people to jump or react without thinking and to take unnecessary risks with things. This is a dare-devil aspect. If rightly utilized, it can give just that bit of edge or daring needed to break through the obstacles represented by the Saturn/Neptune opposition. Wrongly handled, it is a reckless influence and will only add to tensions and bring things to a flash point with people.
- Pluto squares the nodal axis, indicating the need to move beyond old instinctual and habitual patterns. This can be quite a painful setup when people do not wish to change. On the one hand there is a push to adopt new modes of behavior. On the other hand there can be a forcible removal of inhibiting, yet comfortable, patterns and situations in a person's life.
- Mercury is conjunct Venus, aiding in diplomacy, aesthetics, business sense and communications in general. This aspect should help in the Middle East negotiations. On the whole it is an aspect that favors all speaking occupations and it gives a more idealistic outlook about intellectual matters and affairs of the heart.
- Jupiter trines Uranus, although by itself it does not add much to the figure. It gives a broad humanitarian outlook and aids in business when those affairs are engaged. A great aspect of beneficent organization, it gives broad sweep to the intellect and is a real boon to people of vision. It would do a lot to offset the normal death-knell to ambition that the Saturn/Neptune square gives. However, we find it coupled to a Mars/Jupiter sextile. This will do a lot to pull business out of the doldrums and would give a great push to get things done. This combination of Mars/Jupiter/Uranus is a success triangle and it is a counterbalance to the energy of the full moon axis.
- Saturn trines Pluto, giving a very diligent work ethic and powerful organizing capabilities. This is further accentuated by the quincunx between Saturn and Uranus. Jupiter squares Saturn, giving a lack of imagination but a high work ethic as well. Saturn is the pivotal planet in this figure and it points to all parties acting responsibly in what they do and for setting new structures for right relations in place. The symbol for Saturn's degree is revealing, and it speaks of the joy and power of new beginnings. In the final analysis, new beginnings and resolution of differences are what is indicated in this full moon figure, along with a need to stand up and be counted among our peers. These are the major energies present at this full moon.
There are times and circumstances that define who we are as people and which change the course of our lives, sometimes for a very long time. It seems to have been a year for that for many people I know. Crises are always engineered by Nature to evoke our Souls and to thus bring more Light into this world. In those times and circumstances the onus is always upon us to emerge from our self-constructed lairs and to rise to those occasions – and also to set an example for those who are still struggling in the dark. We are called to do these things not out of a sense of pride, ambition, a search for gain or begrudgingly. We are called to do so from the very fountain of Being within each of us.
The Soul is Master of All Circumstance
We lead because of who we are and we excel because the Soul is the master of all circumstance. Light is the greatest of attractors to those in need or for those who walk blindly. It warms us, illuminates the darkened corners of our psyche and adds to the richness of our lives. In these days we are all being called to set new benchmarks for ourselves and to enlighten ourselves as to our true place and purpose in the world around us.
May your Light increase dramatically as a result of all that is happening in the world and within you. The Way is heavily populated by those who, like us, strive for self-mastery. We are all in good company. All we have to do is to recognize the Light that shines in others as ours shines out to them. May the blessings of this Leo festival give us recognition of ourselves as kings and queens of our own destiny.
Blessings to all,
9 Aug 2006
Here endeth the lesson...
Return to the start of The Leo Solar Festival, 2006.